Wednesday 20 June 2018

Outdoor Ed Reflection Questions

1. The thing that I remember best from outdoor ed is the canoe trip on June 8th.

2. The thing that challenged me the most in outdoor ed was having to do the things that were way out of my comfort zone such as public speaking and being out on the water.

3. The thing that I found interesting was interpretation with the little kids. I’ve never done something like that before so it was kinda neat.

4. I would have liked more group work because its easier to get stuff done when working in groups because there’s more than one person.

5. The skills that I developed in this class that will be useful in my future are tying knots and partially overcoming my phobia of public speaking.

6. I think more hands on activities and group work will make outdoor ed an even better experience for students in the class.

7. No, I really think that we don’t need to go to different eco systems to fish or hike. I would not be willing to pay for this, as we can just continue to hike and fish in local areas.

8. In my opinion, I don’t think there’s an equal balance between outdoor activities and theory. We do a little too many PowerPoints and projects about wetlands, rather than actually getting out and experiencing the great outdoors.

9. To improve outdoor education class, do more hands on activities outside at the wetlands to give students an opportunity to experience nature in action.

10. Yes. We should do more of the concept/skill development activities acquired in the class. This way, students can learn these concepts and skills in a more fun way. Instead of doing presentations.

No comments:

Post a Comment